Text: Eph. 2:19; Rom 12:5
The word Church is translated from the Greek word “Ecclesia” meaning “to call out from”.
The church is a special group of persons called out from the power of darkness to the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Cort. 1:2; Col 1:13-14)
The word Church:
(i) It could mean the universal Church, that is the body of Christ (Math 16:18)
(ii) It could also refer to a local congregation of believers (Col: 4:15).
It is very important to understand that church is the body of Christ and not a building or a place of worship. It is a living thing, created by God as
platform to nurture His elects to maturity but very unlike ordinary man made organisations. It is a place to be birthed into; members are called to be citizens and participants and not just to associate or believe only (Rom. 5:4-5).
2. WHY SHOULD THERE BE A CHURCH ?
(Matt 22:37-40; Matt 28:19-20)
(A). The Church exist in order to provide opportunities for man to have;
B. To provide opportunities to raise, finance, equip and empower leaders for effective work of the Kingdom.
3. OUR MISSION:
“Jesus Christ in Every Home”.
To train, organise and encourage every family to have a place of worship and fellowship within their own private homes.
To disciple all men through active teaching of the Word of God, the Bible.
(1) To preach the gospel of Kingdom of God to every resident in our community, neighbourhood and beyond.
(2) To proffer possible solutions to the current social challenges confronting the people from their enemy, Satan the devil.
(3) To accept interested converts as members of the local church fellowship, caring and teaching them how to live in love and peace with one another.
4) To groom every member into a minister by teaching them how to develop, discover, maximize their callings, gifts and talents to positively impact their world.
5) To educate and provide opportunities for members to grow and develop spiritually, mentally and emotionally in other to fulfill their purposes; through bible studies, summits/retreat and weekly leadership development programs.
6) To provide good materials and conducive facilities for training, learning, fellowship and worship.
4. OUR DOCTRINES
1. That the Holy Bible is our authority.
That the Holy Bible is authored by the inspiration of God and the final authority in all matters concerning our Christian knowledge, conduct and work. (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet. 1:20-21).
2. There is only One God, The Trinity. That the one God, eternally manifested in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 3:16-17; Matt. 28:19-20; Deut. 6:4; Mk. 12:29; 2 Cor. 13:14).
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His Virgin birth, death by His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the Father, His personal second coming as a King in His power and glory. (Lk 1:27, 34-35; Matt. 3:16-17; Lk. 23:46; 1 Cor. 15:4; Acts 1:9)
4. The Holy Spirit is a Divine Person (Jn. 16:13-15; Lk 11:13)
5. In the Depravity of man – sinful nature and helplessness of all men since the fall of Adam and Eve and the need of salvation. (Ps.
51:5; Rom. 3:23; 5:12-17; Eph. 2:1-3.)
6. Repentance is the realisation of sinfulness in man as evidenced by godly sorrow and complete turn around to reject and renounce sin and acceptance of the sacrifice of God for
of sin. (Is 55:7; Prov. 28:13;
Acts 2:8; 2 Cor. 7: 10)
7. Salvation has been paid for in full by Jesus Christ for the benefit of all men that believe. (Jn. 3:3-8; Rom. 10:9-10; Eph. 2:8-9; Rom. 10:13; 2 Cor. 5:17 2 Cor. 7:10)
8. Justification or regeneration is the act of God’s grace where man receives forgiveness and
remission of sin in order to stand before Almighty God as though he had never sinned. (Jn 1:12; Acts
10:43; Is. 1:18; Acts 13:38-39; 2 Cor. 5:17-21; 1 Pet. 1:23; Tit. 3:5)
9. In Water Baptism by immersion: “In the Name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”. (Matt 3: 16; Matt. 28:19; Acts 8:38-39).
10. In the Baptism in the Holy Spirit: Endowment of power from on High upon anyone that believes.
(Jn. 14:16, 17, 26; Acts I: 5-8; Acts 2:1-18 and all the gifts of the Holy Spirit. 1 Cor. 12:1-11; Eph. 5:18).
11. In Divine Healing. It is one of the benefit of the redemptive work of Christ and it is available to every one that believes. (Is. 53:4-5; Matthew 8:17; 1 Pet. 2:24).
12. In the Holy Communion; It is administered in memory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper and commanded that we should continue to do it in remembrance of Him. (Lk. 22:17-20; 1 Cor. 11:23-34).
13. In sanctification of a believer whom God has elected. (1 Thess. 4:3; 1 Pet. 1:15-16).
14. The universal church consists of all those who have received Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Saviour who are elected from among all the local Church members.
15. In second coming of Christ to take away His church. (1 Thess. 4:16-17 and in His millennial reign. Rev. 201-3).
16. In the final Judgment, eating of the tree of life and the new heaven and the new earth. (Rev 21:1, Math 5:5′ Rev 2:7)
17. In Tithes and Offerings. (Mal. 3:8 – 12)
18. In the Marriage between male and female and it shall be binding for life. (Eph 5:31)
19. In giving a befitting burial to a member of the church who sleeps with the Lord. ( 1Cort 15:51, 1 Thes 4:14)
4. WHAT WE ARE:
A. Brief History of TKKA:
TKKA started in March, 2008 under the leadership of the Presiding Pastor, Augustine Ogoh Ogbu in
The motto of the church is “Christ Jesus in every home”. The church has 12 Pastors in addition to the Presiding Pastor who supervises the branches within and outside Ufia.
The Church in Ufia has twelve branches Three branches in Ukwonyo, Two branches in Ogege, six branches in Royongo and One branch in Otukpo.
The colours of the church are Yello and Blue. Yello stands for Redemption and Blue for Royalty.
B. The church has a website:www.thekingkidsministries.com that carries all relevant information about the ministry.
5. HOW TO BELONG.
Becoming a member of The King Kids Assembly
The beginners class is compulsory for every member of TKKA. The classes will help us identify the expectation level for members and everything else that follows will stem from there.
A. Requirement for Membership:
(i)Personal confession of Christ as
Lord and Saviour.
(ii) Holy Ghost Baptism
(iii) Water Baptism by Immersion
(iv) Registration with Gender fellowship, Men, Women and Youths.
(v) Completion of Membership classes.
(vi) Obtain Membership
Registration number (MRN)
B. Benefits of membership
i. A prove that you are a genuine believer. (Eph. 2:19; Rom 12:5)
ii. Grants you membership of a spiritual family that supports and encourages you as a person and your call in Christ. (Gal 6:1-2;
Heb 10:24-25; John 15:6)
iii. Provides platform for you to develope, discover and the use of your gift as a child of God. (1 Cor. 12:4-27).
iv It gives you spiritual coverage and opportunity to consult with godly leaders. (Heb. 13:17; Acts 20:28-29; Prov 29:15)
v. Grants you the privilege to learn godly submission and growth in relationships (Eph 5:21).